We Safely & Efficiently Removing Clogs
Common signs of drain problems include slow draining water, a foul odor coming from the drain, gurgling noises coming from the pipes, and water backing up out of the drain. Other signs may include water leakage from the drain pipes, mold growth, and an infestation of pests.
If you suspect you have a drain problem, it is best to contact our local plumbers to diagnose and fix the issue as soon as possible.
Drain Cleaning Services
Prevent costly repairs today by getting your drains cleaned and inspected.
Let our trusted professionals assess your drain clog and provide recommendations on the best care, no matter the situation. Our licensed local plumbers use top of the line equipment on every job.
About Professional Drain Cleaning
Why should I have my drain pipes professionally cleaned?
A clogged drain can cause several types of damage, including:
- Water damage: If water cannot flow freely through a clogged drain, it may overflow and cause damage to the surrounding areas.
- Sewage backup: A clogged drain can prevent sewage from flowing away from your home, causing it to back up and potentially flood your home with raw sewage.
- Mold growth: If water is allowed to sit in a clogged drain, it can lead to mold growth, which can be both unsightly and a health hazard.
- Pest infestation: Clogged drains can also attract pests such as rodents and insects, which can cause additional damage to your home.
It is important to regularly maintain your drains, such as using a sewer cleaner or hyrdrojetter, to prevent clogs from forming and causing damage.
How does a plumber clear a clogged drain pipe?
A plumber can use several methods to clear a clogged drain pipe. Some common methods include:
- Sewer cleaner: A sewer cleaner breaks up blockage using high pressure water. It flushes particles and debris through the sewer system. A drain cleaner can clear roots and heavy stoppages located within dozens of feet of down the drain line.
- Hydro jetting: This method uses high-pressure water to clear clogs and debris from the drain pipes. A plumber will use a specialized nozzle that sprays water at high pressure to remove blockages. Hydro jetting is a preferred method of cleaning sewage pipes. It is more effective, efficient, and less invasive than other methods. It does not harm the pipes, septic system, or the environment.
- Snaking: A plumber can use a long, flexible cable called a sewer snake to clear blockages in the drain pipe. The snake is inserted into the drain and pushed through the obstruction, breaking it up or pushing it through.
- Perform a Video Inspection: Our trained technician can use a specially built waterproof camera to inspect sewer lines and underground pipes. With real-time video footage, the technician will be able to evaluate the condition of your pipes and provide a recommendation for the best next steps for each situation.
Why aren’t chemical cleaners good for sewage pipes?
Chemical drain cleaners can harm your property, health, and can have caustic effects to our environment. Not only that, chemical cleaners often don’t clear the blockage they are designed to eliminate.
Professional plumbers do not often advise using chemical cleaners because many contain harsh chemicals that can corrode the pipes, leading to leaks and potential structural damage. Damage to a septic system may occur as chemicals can kill the beneficial bacteria necessary for the proper functioning of the system.
It is always best to consult a professional plumber for proper diagnosis and treatment of sewage pipes issues. Reliant Hydro jetting is a preferred method for cleaning sewage pipes.
How much does it cost to unclog a pipe?
At Reliant Plumbing, we know drain clogs can come as a surprise. Since every home is unique, we need to know about your homes exact situation before we can quote a price. This goes for neighboring businesses who need commercial plumbing. Reach out to our service team to schedule a drain clearing – we’ll take care of your clog right away.
What does a camera inspection show?
A video camera inspection of sewage pipes shows damages without any guesswork. Plumbers can correctly and accurately identify the location of the issue with the latest plumbing technologies. A video camera inspection will reveal brakes and bellies. We offer camera inspections for pipes. A brake occurs where pipe has completely eroded away and a belly refers to a pipe that has a sag, or bend in it often caused by shifting soil.
Schedule Your Service
Our plumbing experts are available to take care of your repair today. They’ll evaluate your problem, provide a solution & upfront price, and then get to work!